Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cinnamon Apple Pancakes

Like Apples? Like cinnamon? Like Pancakes?

Then I have a perfect recipe for you. I started making this recipe in high school. I just started throwing ingredients together. Then I received more and more requests for the recipe by guests. So I did the hardest thing in the world... writing it down. You wouldn't think it would be hard, but when you didn't measure things you went by looks and smells, it was kinda hard. So I finally took a day and measured everything out. This was about a year ago. Now everyone requests the recipe so they can make it themselves. Here is the recipe just for you!

Ingredients

2 medium apples (peeled cored and diced)
2 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 2/3 cups of milk
1/2 cup of melted butter
*Optional*
Butter
pancake syrup


Directions


~On the stovetop, combine the apples, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cinnamon, on medium heat until apples are nice and tender.
~meanwhile, In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, Combine the egg, milk and Butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
~Once batter is combined, Remove the apples from the heat and stir them into the batter.
~Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until the second side is golden brown.

Yields approx 16 pancakes
Yield: serves 8


Notes:


I have found that making large quantities of these pancakes Makes for a quick breakfast any time of the week. These pancakes freeze well and microwave just as well.
 
 
I would love to hear your comments about the recipe! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. These sound wonderful!! Thanks for sharing.

    Love your blog and your Ravlery group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It means the world to me that I may be helping people!

    ReplyDelete