Saturday, April 21, 2012

A mother of boys.

Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout, “Bang!”
— George F. Will, news commentator

Me and my boys
August 2011

Oh boy.. or should I say boys! I found out recently that we are expecting our third son. Which we are very excited but cant help but to think... "Another boy to climb the walls and be gross?" lol. I absolutely adore our children, but lets face it. BOYS WILL BE BOYS! I never did understand what this quote ment until alas, I became a mother of boys. My neighbor has two daughters about the same ages as my two oldest children, She always says how hyper and loud they are. I have also been told that boys are harder as children and easier as teenagers. Although my oldest will be 6 in october, I am now relating to how other moms with Boys feel.

We dont get invited to do much, We only have boys. In the small country town I live in, There are much more little girls than boys. At this age, girls think boys are icky and gross... well, they are right! If I could only get my boys to stop talking about bodily functions long enough to consume a decent meal. I wanted to share some quotes and poem that stood out to me today, the poem even made me tear up, not in disappointment, but in love.

Jaden age 5
March 2012


Boys in my HouseAuthor: Erin Jo Kilmer
There are boys in my house - and Spiderman shoes
And 200 papers in various blues.
There's Bob (he's a builder) and Thomas the Train,
There's a fireman coat to wear in the rain.
They have cars on their shirts and frogs on their hats
There's a glove and a ball and a red plastic bat.
There's dirt on a face and a smudge on a nose;
Grass stains on knees and sand between toes.
There's bathtime at night with bodies to scrub,
And when we're all done there is dirt in the tub!
There's bandaids and bruises and curious bumps,
There's smiles and laughter and sometimes there's grumps.
There's odors most icky; there's boogers so green
There's more yucky things than I'll ever get clean.
There's piles of laundry; there's stories at night;
There's bedtime and bathtime and dinnertime fights.
There's cars and there's trains and there's books about trucks
There's Scoop, Lofty, Dizzy, and Travis, and Muck.
Sometimes there are bugs, and sometimes there are frogs;
Sometimes they are lions, or dinos, or dogs.
There are cute little vests and darling neckties
Dragged right through the mud - oh what a surprise!
There's running and climbing and jumping and falling
And laughing and crying and hugging and brawling
And rolling and losing and finding and creeping
And whining and stealing and sometimes there's sleeping.
There's tantrums and time outs and extra loud noise -
There's love in my house shaped like two little boys.

Demitrius age 3 1/2
April 2012

And lets face it, boys are boys for a reason! So quickly are we trying to find a cure for our child because they are Super excited, or have their mind on other things in school except school. i mean, did we always have all of our attention on the teacher? I sure didnt. There is nothing wrong with me, school was boring and I'd rather be playing. My boys are all about running really fast and knocking each other down. They do not have any disorder, they are just boys. If you search quotes and poems about boys, they would all be modern ADHD children. lol. give him a couple years. then his focus will be on girls insead of school. Its their nature!

Jaden & Demitrius
March 2012


“If Huck Finn or Tom Sawyer were alive today, we’d say they had ADD or a conduct disorder. They [boys] are who they are, and we need to love them for who they are. Let’s not try to rewire them.”
— Michael Gurian, author of The Wonder of Boys and other books in a 1998 interview with Newsweek magazine.

One thing is for sure, My boys love me and I love them. My oldest son almost every hour no matter what he was doing or what I am doing will stop everything to search me out just to say, "Mommy, I love you".  My soon to be middle son cant sleep at night unless mommy is laying next to him singing either twinkle twinkle little star or rock - a - bye baby. I am not even close to a good singer, but they dont care, they love me.




No comments:

Post a Comment