Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thinking about post pregnancy weight

As my readers already know, I am 26 weeks pregnant. I am comming to the end of my pregnancy and boy am i feeling it, it takes soo much to move 5 inches!

Before children, I never in my life weighed more than 124 lbs. My comfortable weight was between 115 and 120lbs. Yes, I am short. I am only 5'2". I know this is embarrasing, but after having my oldest son, I could not get my weight down past 155. I gainned over 90 lbs with his pregnancy. Then I had Demitrius, and after him i could not get my weight down past 165. I gainned over 60 lbs with that pregnancy. I started this pregnancy at 168. I am currently 200lbs. I am being honest because I want to see how well this raw food diet works after having Samuel. The baby I am currenly pregnant with.

Here are some before having children photos...
                                                   Glamour shots photo taken July 2005

                                                                      Me in 2004


Me Graduating from AIT for the United States army at Ft. Lee, VA in 2002

You may be thinking, wow, that is a crap load of weight. Well it is, and i am tired of being overweight. When my oldest, Jaden, was 6 months old, and after continually complaining to the dr that the weight wasnt going down, they finally did a blood test. My thyroid hormone level was at 93. For those of you that doesnt know what that means, the average hormone level is to be between a 3 and a 4. I have since been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. to give you an idea what this means, If i forget to take my medication, i can gain 3 to 5 lbs a week.

                                                     Me 8 months pregnant with Jaden


                                                   Me 37 weeks pregnant with Demitrius (201 lbs)

I have tracked my food intake in a "food diary". and I stay under 2,000 calories a day. I have used a pedometer to see how far i walk in a day. In an average day (a little less now due to the strains of being 6 months pregnant) I could walk anywhere between 3 and 7 miles depending on my motivation for the day. So for any average person, I should of lost the weight. Well, My body is different.

I found this video on youtube talking about the "raw food" diet. I have heard a lot of good things about "Juicing" as well. I think they are pretty much the same thing. Here is the youtube video.


and it got me to thinking, I have from when I have the baby (august 2012) until May 2013 to get my weight and inch size down as low as I can get it. That gives me 9 months. I know I will not be able to do strainious excersize after having a baby but i can start detoxing and "jucing". I just can not forget to take my medication.

You may be wondering what is happening in May 2013, well, My brother in law and his georgous fiance are getting married in the flordia keys. See! A great motivation!

I know i am from Kansas and a total Meat and potatoes girl. But I do not want to be defined by the food I eat. so an occasional hearty meal like that will be okay, but i am not getting any younger and I would love to feel "sexy" again.

This is me, 5 1/2 months pregnant with my latest and probaly the last addition to our family. So please keep memotivated and charged up about loosing the weight, I will have down days and good days. But it always seems to help me when i have outside motivation.

 I have some juicing books, and I just bought a "raw food" diet book. I will not do anything to jepordize the baby's health but I do need to get my health under control as well. Because I have such a large amount of baggy skin in my midsection. My husband told me that I could have a "mommy makeover" I just need to try to loose as much weight as I can first so the results are better :). most people would think that was "rude" but i think it is sweet. he knows how much it bothers me to have this extra weight and I am ready to fast and do what I can after the baby is here to loose the weight. y

My question for you: Have any of you tried the Raw food diet or Juicing diet? How long did you stick with it? Did you get results quickly or slowly? Anything I should know?

The books I am reading so I have an idea on how to approach this new way of living after I give birth to Sam.


I also already have a Jucing recipe book as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hey my name is Dezarae too!! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my name is Dezarae too!! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete