Sunday, June 17, 2012

10 projects to a better me

This week has been a really hard week. a lot of things going on, a lot of emotions, a lot of anger, fustration, and most of all lonelyness. I need to do something to snap out of this funk I am in. One thing that has never rejected me is my knitting. I have decided I am going to make 10 projects for me. I will use the best yarn i can find for the project, and I am not allowed to gift or sell any of these ten projects. for once I am putting myself first. This way I can focus on my knitting / crocheting rather than the stressors in my life.

As of right now, I have the first six patterns chosen with the yarns for those patterns. here are the first Six.

#1 Boscobel Shawl by Michaela Moores.

please CLICK HERE for more information about this project.

#2 Therapi Cardigan by Stefanie Japel


Cost of pattern: FREE

The chosen yarn is....


knitpicks sugarbunny -- Colorway: Peacock

(80% Merino Wool, 20% Angora)
Total Cost of yarn: $71.91

#3 Prairie Boots by Julie Weisenberger


Cost of pattern: $7.00

The chosen yarn is....



(100% wool)
Total Cost of Yarn: $20.00
Cost of Leather slipper soles: $12.99 - via knitpicks.com
Cost of buttons: $11.00 -- via etsy




#4  Flower Hat by Rebecca Lennox

Cost of pattern: $6.00


 

The chosen yarn is....


(55% Merino wool, 25% Superfine alpaca, 20% Donegal tweed)

Total Cost of Yarn: $10.00

#5 Lore Hoodie by Cirilia Rose

Cost of pattern: $12.95 via Amazon.com
published in the book Vampire Knits


The chosen yarn is....

Total Cost of yarn: About $50.00

#6 Nightingale by Vintage Purls

Cost of pattern: about $4.86

The chosen yarn is....



Dream in color Smooshy-- colorway: Black Pearl

(100% superwash merino wool)

Dream in color Starry -- Colorway: Melonbomb

(98% superwash merino wool, 2% lurex)
Total cost of yarn: $60.00


#7 Spiderweb Skirt Pattern by Josi Hannon

Cost of pattern: FREE

The chosen yarn is....


Shine Worsted Yarn by Knitpicks -- colorway: Platinum

(60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal® natural beech wood fiber)
                                                      Total cost of yarn: About $60.00


#8 Avery by Cassie Castillo 

Cost of pattern: $4.00


The chosen yarn is....

Kollage Creamy Milk yarn -- Colorway: Tropical Bud

(80% Milk fiber, 20% Cotton)

Total cost of yarn: $36.80

 

 

#9 Sakura Tee by Cassie Castillo

Cost of pattern: Interweave knits summer 2012 magazine


The chosen yarn is....


Cascade pima Silk Yarn - Colorway: Teal
Total cost of yarn: $48.60



#10 Short sleeved crochet shrug by Bernadette Ambergen

Cost of pattern: $5.00

The chosen yarn is....





Total Cost of yarn: $15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment