Saturday, June 23, 2012

Knitting project #1 for a better me

#1 Boscobel Shawl by Michaela Moores.

click above for free pattern via www.knitty.com

When I look at this piece of beautiful hand knitted fabric, I think about how light yet bold it is. As some of you know, I was in the military for over four years. My experience was less than ideal. Struggling with PTSD I have trouble finding myself with the hussle and bussle of every day life. Blogging is a way i can kinda clear my head. I have always had a passion for crafts. I always tend to make things and give them away to make someone smile, or just feel they needed it more than I did. When someone does pay me, I tend to not charge for my time, because I want them to enjoy my knitting as much as I did making it. But after turning 28 on fathers day this year, I have decided I need to stop everything and make 10 projects for me. This is my first project.
My husband is currently in a different state, getting things settled for us to come and live. But living out in the country, with nothing but a 3 and 5 year old leaves this 28 year old very lonesome. Plus the extra hormones from being 8 months pregnant doest help either.

By knitting this project, I am hoping to instill back some confidance and beauty back into myself. being a stay at home mom does not have you feeling the most beautiful or confidant.

Cost of pattern: FREE

The chosen yarn is....

Dream in Color Starry -- Colorway: Wisterious

(98% superwash merino wool, 2% lurex)
Total cost of yarn: $29.00


Timeline of bringing this project to life

This is also blogging about my life and thoughts while knitting this beautiful piece.

June 16, 2012 = Ordered the yarn from www.yarn.com

June 21, 2012 = Was just notified that the yarn is on back order and will not be in for two to three weeks… very irritated by this.

June 23, 2012 = Cancelled my order from webs and reordered the yarn (different colorway though) from doodlebugyarn.com and it is $1.50 cheaper. Yarn should be at my house within 3 to 5 business days!

No comments:

Post a Comment